Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Meltdown Mania...

Chris headed out of town this week for a work conference in Dallas...and we miss him TONS!! It is hard to be a single parent to an infant and work a full time job, so I had to call in reinforcements! HA! :) My mom is coming into town from tonight until Sunday and I could not be more grateful!! It is always wonderful to have her here, and I appreciate it even more when I am alone. Mainly b.c I HATE to stay by myself (have never been a fan of it but it got worse once I got married). :) And the second reason is just b.c my mom is so very helpful. :) Her being here enables me to do whatever I need to for work, and know that my little man is in great hands. :)

So late this afternoon Braden and I ran a couple of errands before my mom got into town. I needed to go grocery shopping so she would not starve while hanging out at our casa. :) We headed to the place you love to hate-Super Walmart. One of the main reasons that Super Walmart works out for me is b.c I can get everything under one roof. I like the convenience of that for sure-being able to get toiletries, cosmetics, cleaning supplies, office supplies, and then lots of food all at the same time. :) Don't get me wrong-I like HEB and shop there often but there is just something about a very large store with everything I need just waiting for me. So when I am in need of lots of things, that is where I head. :)

Braden fell asleep in the car on the way to run errands, so when we got to Walmart he did great in the store. No issues at all during the shopping portion, as he actually slept almost the entire time. When he was awake, he was just happy to be looking at the lights and the people. Well everything changed when we got to the cash register (you know where this is going). My son had an absolute MELTDOWN right there in front of everyone. Now I love him to death but at that moment I was seriously contemplating what I wanted to do. I thought "I am sure that many moms have had this happen to them before", and "what in the world is everyone thinking that is staring at us right now?" Also, "does everyone in the store think that I am stabbing him with knives in his carseat b.c that is sure what it looks like!!" Holy cow!! My patience was running very thin as I continued to place more and more things on the belt. I really wondered if it was too late to just leave my basket and flee the store. :( Braden only pumped up the volume the slower the cashier checked us out. I was looking at her with a motherly plea to PUHLEASE hurry up!!! Sheesh!! And to make it even worse she proceeded to ask me the most annoying questions, and make the most annoying comments over and over again. I was so over this chic by the time I swiped my credit card. We proceeded to have this conversation:

Annoying lady: "Wow he seems upset!"
Me: "Um yeah" (this is not rocket science)
Annoying lady: "Boy or girl?"
Me: "Boy"
Annoying lady: "How old is he?"
Me: "3 1/2 months"
Annoying lady: "Wow...he sure can cry!"
Me: "Um, yeah" (Please stop stating the obvious lady!!)
Annoying lady: "Do you want to get him out of that carseat? He probably hates it in there."
Me: Um, no b.c then I would have to put him right back in when I get to my car in 2 seconds."
Annoying lady: "Why don't you give him a pacifier?"
Me: "Um, probably b.c he does not take one-he spits it out." (Are you serious?)
Annoying lady: "He has quite a temper!"
I have completely stopped responding at this point b.c she is totally on my nerves.
Annoying lady: "Wow...he can hold his breath for a long time!"
Annoying lady: "Wow...he sure can cry! Girl, you have your hands full". (I cannot even tell you how many times she said this line but it was enough to start to make me a little crazy!)

FINALLY she finished ringing up my groceries (the screaming did not make her rush at all)....and she came around the counter like she was going to help me get my bags into the cart. Instead she decided to walk up to my son and grab his hands and start talking to him. I freaked out b.c not only am I a germ phobe...but I don't want anyone that I don't know touching my child (especially someone that has just annoyed me for 15 minutes). So needless to say, as soon as we were out of sight the hand sanitizer came out in full force!! :)

So in the end, my son literally screamed from the time I got to the cash register, all the way out into the parking lot, the 10 min drive home, and for about 15 min once we were back in the house. Are you kidding me? Seriously son!! :( I still have no idea what in the world caused this insane outburst...it was like I had no idea who this person was living in my home. The sad thing is that I am sure this is not the last outburst of this type that we will see as our little man grows up!! HA!! I am sure there is lots more where that came from to look forward to....ready or not!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment