Monday, December 14, 2009

High Maintenance Man...

So it looks like our precious, blonde hair, blue eyed boy is turning into quite the high maintenance man these days. I am not sure what in the world has happened to our sweet little boy that ate and slept almost perfectly since birth...but I want him back!! HA!!

A lot of friends that I have talked to, and books that I have read have said that when you get around the 4 month mark that the babies schedules start to change somewhat...and it can often be VERY frustrating. Well they could not be more right about that!! Sheesh! :(

Basically Braden has been a great eater since he was born, so we have been very blessed in that area. However, around 3 1/2 months he decided that he wanted to scream bloody murder any time the bottle was removed from his mouth, or anytime his meal was actually over. He works himself up so much that he cannot even burp in the middle of his feedings anymore. We have assumed that he loves his food so much that he does not want to be disturbed...but all good things must come to an end little man (even food). So after dealing with that for about 2-3 weeks, we learned some tricks to try and nip that in the bud. That was just not working out for us at all, and my nerves were frazzled every time it was time for him to eat b.c I did not want to go through that again. :( So just as we have started to rectify that whole issue, the main one we are having now is sleeping. Why? :(

Braden started sleeping through the night at 10 weeks....and by that I mean he would go down between 8-9 pm and wake up between 8-9 am. It was pure bliss!! We thought we were the luckiest parents on earth....until about a week ago. :( So about a week ago he thought it would be fun to start getting up for good in the mornings around 6-6:30. And nothing was making him go back to sleep-rocking, soothing, music, diaper changes, etc. He was having none of it-he was up and ready to start the day!! :( So that led to his naps being all off and trying to figure out how to make those work again. Then this week after we got home from Dallas, he has decided that his new favorite time to wake up is actually 4 am. You have got to be kidding me!! What in the world has happened to my child? Please bring him back!

So it takes a LOT of effort when he gets up at 4 am to get him back to sleep until 8. He usually ends up in the swing in his room from about 5-8 am just in order to get him to sleep (and for us to get some sleep). I really have no idea what has caused all of this out of the blue, as I am not a sleep expert by any means. But I know that we are already over it.

So with the blink of an eye, our son has turned into someone that is incredibly high maintenance, and we are left scratching our heads on how that is possible. For all of my friends out there that have had this issue at about 4 months, please keep sharing your wonderful secrets with me, and I will keep trying them!! HA!! Hopefully we can lick this in the next week or so before my sanity runs out!! :)

I just have to keep remembering what a wise friend once told me..."The days might seem long but the years fly by." I need to enjoy every moment with Braden...even if it is at 4 am b.c I won't get this time with him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment