Tuesday, February 1, 2011

9 More Tuesdays To Go....

Well the countdown is on!! :) We are less than 9 weeks away from my due date and from meeting our new baby boy. :) I am 31 weeks along and FULLY into the 3rd trimester at this point. I still cannot believe labor and delivery is right around the corner. Holy cow!! I also know that we will probably be inducing a week or two early...so that means I am probably only 8 weeks or so from meeting my little one. I figured out that I have about 9 more Tuesdays at the most before Brant gets here. When I think about it like that I get a little freaked out!! HA! :) I feel like I have so much I want to do before we welcome another member into our family. I hope I can get it all done. :)

I am still feeling pretty good as we near closer to the due date. I feel like I am more active than I was when I was this pregnant with Braden, however, I can feel myself slowing down over the past few weeks. I get tired much quicker than before! Must be my toddler wearing me out! :)

I have been having more Braxton Hicks contractions lately...and I don't really remember having those too much with Braden. So that is something new. :) Unfortunately I have been having some pretty crummy hip and back pain as I get closer to delivery as well. I think as the pelvic bones spread and the baby continues to grow, it just causes much more pressure and issues with the hip and lower back area. I see a chiropractor at least once a week to try and help me manage the pain better when it strikes. I am thankful for that! :) I really hope that going to them on a regular basis will help to lower the chances that I will have a lot of pain after this labor and delivery. I am keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Babycenter tells me that my little man is measuring a little over 16 inches and about 3.3 lbs at this point. And they also tell me that he is about to go through a major growth spurt. YAY for me! :) HA! Looking forward to getting even bigger (not)!! :) We had our week 30 appt last week and the OB said he was measuring about a week and a 1/2 ahead...based on the belly measurements. She said that was not a very big deal at all but we would do an ultrasound at the next appt in order to get a more accurate size for him. She knows that I don't want to deliver a big baby. :) Braden was small at 6 lbs 13 oz...and I am really hoping for that size again! :)

I have been craving three things like crazy lately....iced tea, Double Daves pizza rolls, and Dairy Queen blizzards!! SO RANDOM..I know. :) I cannot explain it at all, and other than the iced tea, I really have not had the other two much at all. But for some reason I cannot stop thinking about them...lol! :)

We pre-registered at the hospital this week...so it is feeling more real for sure now. Soon we will be packing our bags, installing our car seat, going to OB appts every week, and washing up Brant's coming home outfit. :) In the meantime we are just checking things off our TO DO list, and trying to teach Braden about how wonderful life is going to be when he is a big brother. :) We are trying to soak up all of the special moments with him before he has to share us with another little person.

We feel so fortunate to have had a healthy pregnancy going into our 31st week.....and so blessed to be welcoming our 2nd baby boy in just a few weeks. Thanks to everyone that has been checking in on me to see how I am doing these past few weeks. You guys are the best! :) Cannot wait for you to meet Brant Christian!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment