Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Restaurant Reviews...

Chris and I have been having fun trying out some new restaurants over the past few weeks or so. One of the things that I REALLY love about Austin is that there are always so many new places to try. That is so fun!! :) Here are some of our quick reviews of the recent places that we have tried. :)

Portalba-good downtown place for a quick lunch with sandwiches, soups, salads, etc. Give the chili a try.....yum! :)


Teo-yummy gelato!! Central Austin place to go for some nice icy treats! :) Nice patio to sit on out front too..if you just need a place to chill out. :) Changos-A place also in Central Austin that is owned by the same folks that own Manuels. Good stuff. They have burritoes, enchiladas, salads, tacos, etc. I say go for the burrito...it really hits the spot! :) Biscuits and Groovy-Now we are talking!! This is a food trailer down near Hyde Park and we give it two thumbs up! :) Good schnizzle! Let's put it this way....it is really biscuits ANY way that you can imagine them. You can choose what you want to cover them in from eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, jalapenos, cheese, chives, etc. etc. You get the picture. Bottom line-get ya some! :) Bacon-Hee hee! I like this place. :) Down on South Lamar, and it used to be the Sreaming Goat (which we liked as well for tacos)....but this place is fun b.c it is everything bacon. For example....Chris got a bacon waffle with chicken. Um....good? Yes! :)
Takoba-another good place in town for happy hour and for tacos. They have some cool outdoor seating going on, and I really liked what I ordered. This eatery is located in East Austin....
And a few others but I have no pics to go along with these....


Homefield Grill-This restaurant is located in Round Rock and is your basic bar and grill. If you are into that kind of thing then I think you will be happy here. Caters to a lot of Dell folks at lunch.


Promise Pizza-Arboretum area with good pizza but even better garlic knots and cinammon knots!! Seriously...don't think I have had anything that good in quite some time!! Those knots are the bomb, and I kind of just wish I would have only eaten those as my meal and my dessert!! I still think about them! :)


Garlic Breath Pizza-Also located in Round Rock, and unfortunately a place that I am going to have to tell you to steer away from. Was not impressed at all with the pizza or the location. I got this to go but by the time I got home to eat my pizza...ick!! Don't anticipate this place being in business for too long. Too many good pizza places in Austin to head to this one. :)

Hope we helped some folks to pick a few more good places to eat in Austin. We are all about helping the foodies out there eat better! LOL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment