Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm Ready To Get Up....

Braden has a way about him in the mornings. He will wake up and talk or sing to himself for a little but when he is ready to get out of bed....he is READY!!! He will just start wailing. Well over time that has started to grate on my nerves, as it not only lulls me out of a usually awesome slumber BUT it is also often wakes up his brother.

So all of that being said, I decided I would try to talk to my 26th month old about this one evening. :) Good luck, right? :) We discussed how the crying is not the most appealing thing in the morning, and how he could just say "Mommy/Daddy, I am ready to get up now. Please come get me". This would work perfectly fine if he just said those words when he was ready to get out of bed in the mornings. I told him it would put everyone in a much better mood to start off our day. :) He listened very intently and seemed to be taking it all in.

Lo and behold, the next morning this is what I hear "Mommy, I am ready to get up please". :) He modified it for himself but it works like a charm. I think I woke up smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment