Monday, February 22, 2010

Crystal Beach, TX....

I was fortunate to be able to join in for a fun ladies weekend at Crystal Beach this weekend!! What a good time we all had with LOTS of laughs!! It was with my mom's side of the family, and all of the ladies were invited (grandmothers, moms, sisters, aunts, cousins, etc). The great thing is that my mom has a REALLY big family, (as my grandmother had 11 brothers and sisters), and it is super fun to get everyone together. :)

My mom rented a fabulous and spacious beach cabin in Crystal Beach, and all were invited to partake in the fun. :) We had ladies of all ages eating great food, telling stories from days past, drinking wine, playing Keno, watching movies, walking the beach, and getting in some good R&R. It made me realize how blessed I am for three reasons:

1) I am a part of a large family that thinks that these kind of weekends are very special, and they make it a priority to be there and bond with each other.
2) That I have an amazing mom that is so good at organizing and bringing people together for super fun events like this one.
3) That I have a wonderful hubby that will keep my 6 month old son all by himself for the whole weekend...just so I can be gone for 3 days of fun. :) You are the best Chris! :)

Here are some pics of the good time.. :)
Girls Weekend-Feb 2010! :) My cousin Brandie gave me this super idea...I thought it was so cute. The back of the cabin....yay! :)
The front of the cabin...right on the beach. Love it!
The front porch....love the view.
The view from the beach of all of the cabins around us...
So relaxing......
Lots of seagulls........
Ahhh...........nice. :)
Our very own volleyball court in the front yard. Who wants to play? :)
Kitchen and living room.........
So comfy.......
Mom and I's little cozy room.....
We grubbed it up at the Stingaree restaurant on Friday night. :) Gayle, Amy, Brandie, and Stacy.....
Aunt Gloria being silly with straws......
Kathleen and Aunt Pauline.... Mom and Aunt Jane......
Aunt Joyce and Aunt Erna.....
Kathy and Aunt Ruth........Aunt Gloria decided she would just sleep on the hard wood floor! LOL! :)The ladies smiling before a walk on the beach perhaps? :)
Aunt Pauline all decked out for her stroll.. :) Amy and Brandie coming back from a little ocean adventure.....
Mom choosing to relax instead. She is so happy! :)Aunt Joyce, Stacy and Kathy hanging out...Kathleen looking through all the shells she collected....Gayle showing off her Keno card...what a FUN game! Fun times........
Kathleen and Kathy........
Brandie showing us her chips. :)Like mother, like daughter...aren't they cute? :)
All smiles from Aunt Gloria.........

No comments:

Post a Comment