Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Weekend With No Laboring...

We had a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend this year. :) We decided to lay very low and just have some downtime after Braden's crazy birthday weekend just a few days prior. :) The boys seemed to enjoy being low key, and I know that Chris and I were loving it. :)

The boys watched a lot of football... :) Braden is VERY into watching football with Chris now and it is way too stinkin cute. :) They were watching the Aggies first game of the season in this photo. :) Saturday morning we headed over to Michael's b.c they were having a Kid's Craft, and they were making Grandparents Day cards...perfect!! Braden loves art so we thought he would have a great time....and he did. :)

Is it ok that I already started on my card? :) I love to color with markers.....
Scissor time! Dad is helping me.....
I have to write my name and "I love you!"Don't I draw well? :) Happy Grandparents Day to all of my awesome grandparents!! Hopefully you all got your cards in the mail on time! :) We also did a lot of chilling out on the front porch in our rockin chairs b.c the weather was pretty nice. Braden likes to sit in his chair and just watch fun kids stuff on You Tube. :)
Saturday evening we went to the mall b.c Braden had some gift cards from his birthday to spend at The Disney Store. :) He was trying to decide what he wanted to get...Mickey Mouse? Hmmmm.....no. Minnie Mouse? :) No....How about one of these? HA! :) No....... Lightning McQueen!! That is who I want!! :) (And he has slept with it every night since). :)Sunday morning after church we hit up J Blacks for some yummy brunch. Braden was all kinds of happy about his french toast. YUM! :) Boy fun..... :)
They had a bloody mary bar....and Chris loves those so he was a happy camper. :) I, on the other hand cringe at the thought of tomato juice so I stayed FAR AWAY! :) Mmmmmmmm....... Just being silly.... Labor Day we went and had lunch at Casa Chapala......and it was really good. :) Not sure what they did with the food that day but we were happy! :) Some of the decor in there is so funny and random (more in pic #2).
Brant decided he would rather sleep than hang out with us. :) After lunch it was time for Terra Toys...one of our favorite toy stores in Austin. You can get lost in that place.....even as an adult! LOL! :) Braden had some birthday money to use in there too...and he was in hog heaven! :) So much fun stuff to check out! :) Ahhh...good Labor Day weekend. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment