Thursday, December 1, 2011

30 Days Of Thanksgiving.....

Well I meant to publish this blog post as the month of November went along but I fell down on the job. Sorry about that. :) Bottom line is that I am still thankful for these 30 things, so I think it is ok that I post them now. :)

Day 1-So thankful that I have a Savior. God is good. All the time.

Day 2-So thankful for my amazing husband! He puts up with my crazy self and loves me through it. :) I could not ask for a better man by my side.

Day 3-So thankful for my precious boys. Braden and Brant are so incredible....and I could not be more grateful to God for blessing me with them.

Day 4: So thankful for our parents and our siblings. They have walked alongside of us as a couple and have been so supportive to us as individuals and together. We feel so fortunate to have such an incredible family network!

Day 5: So thankful for our 2 nieces and 2 nephews as they are such adorable little people. We are so grateful to experience the joy of being an aunt and an uncle, and are thrilled about my brother and sister having another baby in March. Cousins for the boys are just the greatest thing! :)

Day 6: So thankful for my health and that of my immediate and extended family members. Good health is a gift from above, and I am so thankful for each morning that I wake up with it. I never want to take that for granted.

Day 7: So thankful that Chris and I have good jobs. In this time of a recession I am even more thankful. I am also very grateful for the flexible work schedule that I have, and the ability to be able to take care of my boys when needed. Very thankful that I also have a wonderful boss. God is good!

Day 8: So thankful for a home that we love. So fun that it has been Chris and I's first home together, and also the home that we have brought both of our boys into.

Day 9: So thankful to live in Austin where there are so many neat things to do and be a part of. I have made such wonderful memories here over the 12 years that I have called this place home.

Day 10: So thankful for all of the amazing things I have been able to see in this world in my 36 years. I never imagined how small the world would seem as I continued to check places off my list. I am thankful for the passion and desire to see the world but also so thankful to have been able to do so.

Day 11: So thankful for my education at Texas A&M. What an incredible place to grow and learn!! WOW! I am so glad the Lord led me there and I could not have asked for a more rewarding experience. :)

Day 12: So thankful for food on the table every day, and for the financial means to be able to try fun new restaurants here in Austin. That is one of my favorite things. :)

Day 13: So thankful that my children are on the same nap schedule in the afternoons, and that Chris and I can nap then too! :) We love the three hour ones! :)

Day 14: So thankful my kiddos are good eaters and good sleepers...b.c that makes everything better around our house. :)

Day 15: So thankful for a best friend of 23 years that I can share anything with, and I know has my best interests at heart. I feel very grateful for this.

Day 16: So thankful for a church that we can go to as a family and where the kids can learn about God in Sunday School. I am thankful that there are young couples classes, new parents classes, and young families classes. I am also thankful for women's retreats, bible studies, small groups, MOPS, holiday teas, and other fun activities.

Day 17: So thankful for our cars and that they run well and get us where we need to go. :) I am thankful that we have 5 year/100 mile warranties on them as well....so that we are covered in the event of an issue.

Day 18: So thankful for the everday freedoms that we enjoy here in that great USA!!

Day 19: So thankful for Starbucks holiday drinks that come out right when you are getting into the season. They are so good!

Day 20: So thankful for video monitors and for whoever created them. It is so nice to not have to get out of bed to check on the kids. Just one click and there they are in their beds.....BRILLANT!

Day 21: So thankful for cold weather. I love this time of the year and the break from the insane Texas heat!

Day 22: So thankful for the amazing doctors that we have here in Austin. We love all of them and feel so fortunate to have great professionals to turn to when Chris, I, or the boys need someone.

Day 23: So thankful for the great friends that we have in our lives. There have been so many amazing people that have walked with us on this journey that we call life...and we feel so fortunate to have them to lean on in the good times and the bad.

Day 24: So thankful for the NICU, for all of the neonatologists, and all of the staff. They were Brant's family during the hours that we could not be up there, and they were so supportive. Thanks to God for modern medicine and for being able to take care of preemies. And thanks for his hand in helping Brant to thrive, as well as what all of it taught us during that 5 week NICU stay.

Day 25: So thankful that the kids go to an incredible school where they have learned so much, and really grown.

Day 26: So thankful that chocolate was invented to cure all of the day's worries. :) Oh...and a nice glass of wine. :)

Day 27: So thankful for all of the fun coupon sites that have emerged in the last year or so like Groupon, Living Social, and a million more. That sure has made things fun! :) Now I can spend money and not feel as bad. :)

Day 28: So thankful for the time from Halloween to New Years. It is the most wonderful time of the year!

Day 29: So thankful for king sized beds. What did folks do before those were invented? :)

Day 30: So thankful for grace, mercy, and forgiveness. Enough said.

And finally, the best quote that I heard all week: "Those who are the happiest never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have."

No comments:

Post a Comment