Saturday, October 15, 2011

Elgin Pumpkin Festival...

Saturday morning started off bright and early as we headed into downtown Austin for our 2nd family of four photo shoot. :) This time it was for our Christmas cards. Those of you that know me, know that I wanted everything to go "perfectly", as people are actually going to be seeing these pictures arrive in their mailboxes in the near future. I am pretty sure that was too much to ask of a 2 year old and 8 month old though! HA! There is NO telling what we got in the way of pictures this time around.

The mark of a good photographer is what he or she can do with kiddos though...so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I also hope that the photos do not show how my hair was matted to my head after sweating bullets chasing Braden around, holding kids, and trying to pry Braden off of Brant b.c he was giving him some "love"! Sheesh! I guess they will actually be funny if they turn out to be less than perfect b.c it will remind me of that day, and I can laugh at some point! :) The boys did good for about the first oh 20 min...and then they were DONE with a capital "D". Good times! :) All Braden wanted to do was run around like a crazy man, so thankfully the photographer was snapping the entire time. Like I said, I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Well the pics took longer than we had expected that morning, so we were not able to meet up with our small group out at Sweetberry Farms. We only had a small window before it was time to put the crazy kids down for naps...so we decided to do a pumpkin patch that was a little closer to where we were. We ended up heading out to Elgin for the Pumpkin Festival...but not before we stopped at the 290 Cafe in Manor for some good breakfast!! Once again, I think that Braden might have outeaten Chris and I (which was seriously hilarious)! That does not happen often but when it does it is entertaining to watch! He is like a bottomless pit! :) Guess he just needed his energy to pick up pumpkins later. :) And then we finally arrived at the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm. They have various events throughout the year out there, and the Pumpkin Festival is one of them. Nothing is quite as good as Sweetberry Farms but we made it work. :) It would have been a much better experience if it was not so blazing HOT! I mean it does not need to be 90 degress when you are out at a fall festival type activity. Key word is FALL!!! So annoying!! I hate the weather here about 95% of the year, and if I did not love Texas itself so much, I'd probably want to move. Serio! But I digress.... :(
I loved seeing all of the Christmas trees too...very cool!Hayrides.....
So smiley.... :) Growing up too fast.....
Just a swingin!Building a scarecrow with Dad.....Ok, I will take a few of these pumpkin pics for you Mom! :)
If big brother does then I guess I will too! :)Check out this pumpkin stem guys! You cannot make me smile anymore.... Hi there!! It's my first time to the pumpkin patch! Look at me pick this pumpkin up!Ahhh..it's heavy!! Dad will help me hold it. :) Trying to get a pic of the two of them together was a joke. They were done with pics by this point in the day! Oh well! :) Am I supposed to be excited or scared of the pumpkins? :)Driving the hay bale tractor!Dad and I hanging out....the men of the house. :) Hey Mom! :) Go big or go home! :) So ready for REAL fall weather so we can really celebrate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment