Monday, June 18, 2012

WOW!! A Couple Months Away From THREE....

Ok so let's just call a spade a spade. :) I have been the worst blogger in history for the past few months...I admit it! :) I have no idea what happened but I think life just took over and blogging took a back burner for a few months unfortunately. I sure did miss it, and man do I have a lot to update!! Hang on for the ride! :)

First of all, I cannot believe that my sweet little boy turned 2 1/2 at the end of February, and will now being turning THREE in about 2 short months. It just blows my mind!! They say you always feel so much older, and life passes so much more quickly when you have kids and you watch them grow up. I could not agree more!!!

Not even sure where to start with all of the things that Braden has been doing these past months. I think I last blogged about him when he was 28 months, and now that he is closing in on 34 months....WOW!!! How things have changed in those 6 months! :)

Here are some of the things going on in life with our little guy now:
1) Braden is still about 35 lbs....and he has not really changed weight wise in a long time. He is growing taller by the day though, and I love that. He has moved into 4T clothes based on his height, and he simply looks like a little man. :)

2) We don't even need to talk about verbal explosion anymore b.c we have flown through all of that. Now he just talks to us like he is 5...in full, very well developed sentences everytime, and in long paragraphs. We never really have to wonder what he is saying b.c it is all too clear. He uses BIG words, and sometimes I have no idea where he learns all of this. He is like a little human encyclopedia! :) I absolutely LOVE talking to him...and I cannot get enough of hearing about his day, his friends, the things he does in school, and all of that fun stuff. :) I just never expected to have a little man that talked the way he does..especially before he turned three. It has been such a ball! :)

3) He says some of the funniest dang things!! If Chris and I are talking in the car he will say "Excuse Me" so that he can talk. :) Really? :) He will also finish getting dressed in the morning and walk out and say "How do I look?" Kills me.

4) He is also really into making sure that folks apologize to one another. So if Chris and I appear to be in an argument or anything like that...Braden will say "Mommy, tell Daddy you are sorry, and don't do that again." or vice versa. LOL! :) And he is SERIOUS!!

5) Braden is still our amazing eater, and I hope he always will be. If you ask him to try something he usually will....and that makes us very happy. Lately he is into fun things like red and green bell peppers..and likes to have them with ranch. :) He also likes pepperocinis, olives, and onions. And we have moved onto mustard on our hamburgers and sandwiches now too. :) There are also a lot of things like that he will just try and end up liking. One of my goals is to raise kids that love culinary experiences and trying new things.

6) Mr Independent is an understatement! I cannot believe how much my child wants to "do it himself" all of the time. And many things he can do by himself...so that is just one more reminder of how much he is really growing up.

7) Braden still loves soccer, swimming, and he has been having fun doing Tumblebus lately too. It is a tumbling class that he takes once a week...and it is so fun to watch him! :)

8) Braden is still in love with letters, and his smarts with them blows us away on a daily basis. He is really into spelling short words like STOP, GO, DOG, CAT, FROG, COW, etc. He loves to sound it out with you and figure out what all of the letters are. He will sound out longer words too...but bottom line, if there are letters involved, he is really into it!

9) Braden has a crazy good memory. There are so many times that we just look at one another and say "how can he remember that?!!" He has memorized a bible verse to go with every letter of the alphabet...and he does a great job with it. I will have to post a video I took of him going through those. :) Love that he has put some of those verses to memory.

10) He also still loves anything related to learning. Lately he has been into planets, counting to thirty, watching "Word World" so he can get into more letters/words, playing on the computers at school, etc. It is such a fun ride! :)

Braden is such a blast right now!! Being almost three we obviously still have some moments where he pulls the typical defiant 3 year old behavior but we have just learned to love him through it. :) It took us awhile to get to that point. Lots of learning had to happen, and I am sure there is a lot more to go. He is a true joy to be around, and we are so happy to have been able to watch him grow by leaps and bounds these past 6 months. :) We love you B! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment